Friday, July 27, 2012

You revive me

Silence. It's rare and uncommon in my little world.  Sleep is a precious gift these days and I dwell in every second of it.  Naptime doesn't always happen like I plan and whining and crying sometimes makes it's appearance in my home more often than I wish.  And there are just simply some rough. rough. rough days.  But in the midst of it all, a wave of that sweet silence comes my way and I am reminded of something so deep down in my very soul....

He revives me.  

My Jesus revives me.  My faithful Savior who never leaves me or forsakes me, accepts all my faults and failures, and quenches my tired, thirsty soul.

My soul that is weary.  My soul that sometimes feels like a failure as a mommy and wife.   And sadly, my soul that sometimes doesn't even desire to know Him more. 

Even still, He revives me.

Driving through town after bedtime, Starbucks in hand, Christy Nockels blaring through my speakers, I experience some incredible worship time with my Savior.  Of course, I am on my way to the grocery store and I just had to hurry at Target because they were closing, but still, it's just me and Him in my minivan.  The lyrics from "You revive me" so beautifully describe how the Lord meets us in our desperation and reminds us of His promises.  

The promise that His well never runs dry.  The promise that He calls us friend and He is for us.  The promise that He will give us eyes to see Him in the dark, but most importantly......

The reminder that -We have seen His goodness....like, already seen it SO many times before.

Yes, we face trials, bad days, horrible circumstances, devastating loss, BUT as followers of Christ, we know He is faithful to comfort, redeem, restore, and revive us in these times of desperation.  

Thank you Jesus that you meet me in any and every circumstance.  Sometimes even at 10 o'clock at night after a long, crazy day.  Life in you is truly good and you are always, always faithful.  I choose to dwell on your goodness and all you have already done in my life.  And when I need it most, let you revive my tired, thirsty soul. 











No comments:

Post a Comment